In case you see standing water in your tub or kitchen and your sink drains slowly, then you are very likely to have a problem of clogged drains. Fortunately, there are various way to work out this problem and this article will explain how to get rid of clogged drains with the help of vinegar, borax, baking soda, and lots of hot water.
1. Experts in clogged drain Toronto advise to first of all remove all the water out of the drain to let drain-clearing mixture do its job much faster.
2. Now you need to take some things to clean the clogged drains. This substance may include the following ingredients:
• Vinegar (apple cider or simple white vinegar work). This is the acidic base for you to create the foaming reaction.
• Lemon juice is acidic like vinegar, but its smell is refreshing. That is why a lot of people choose lemon juice instead of vinegar to clean kitchen clogged drains.
• Baking soda is perfect multipurpose cleanser.
• Salt is a great helper to eat away at the clog.
• Borax is another one multipurpose cleanser.
3. Now you have only a few steps to finish the cleaning of your clogged drains. You need to take vinegar or any other drain-opening agent and pour it down the clogged drains. There is no need in mixing the ingredients beforehand because they will mix themselves in the drains. When you pour everything into the clogged drains the mixture will foam up as the chemical reaction occurs.
Below you can see several options of clogged drains cleaning mixture and choose one for your case:
Vinegar and baking soda mixture: take half a cup of baking soda and half a cup of white vinegar.
Lemon juice and baking soda mixture: take 1 cup of baking soda and one of lemon juice.
Salt, borax, and vinegar mixture: take a quarter cup of borax, a quarter cup of salt, and half a cup of vinegar.
4. After you have poured the mixture you have chosen into the clogged drains you need to simply cover it and then and let the mixture sit. Clogged drains experts from Brampton advise to use either the tub stopper in order to close the drain working or to cover it with a special steaming hot cloth. They also advise to keep the drains closed for at least 30 minutes, 45 is better. This is the waiting time when the foam will be working to wear down the clog.
5. The last step is to wash all the chemicals and means with the help of great amounts of clean hot water. The water will clean away all your clogged drains and they will be ready to be used again!
Felicia Brady is a content producer for a big array of Internet content networks, who covers a mix of themes about problems at home typified by the issue of clogged drains and whatever else is related. She created this article with professional help of Brampton Drain Cleaning Company. Felicia is a committed drifter of Internet community and an influential figure in all that has to do with the home issues.